INTEGRATED MATH 1, PART 1
Price: $95 | Credits: 5 | Dept: Math
This course is the first part of Integrated Math 1 and covers the topics of solving linear equations, both simple and multi-step, as well as absolute value equations and literal equations. It also covers linear inequalities, both their graphs and solutions, and goes on to explain solving compound inequalities and absolute value inequalities. The graphing of linear functions are also covered, inlcuding function notation, transformations and shifts. From there, the course covers the writing of linear functions, scatter plots and lines of best fit, systems of linear equations, and exponential and radical functions, including exponential growth and decay. Finally, the course covers both arithmetic and geometric sequences, including finding the nth term, the sum of n terms, and the sum of infinite geometric series’.
Upon completion of this course, the student is awarded 5 credits. Each credit corresponds to 15 hours of study. Of course, some students work more quickly than others, and some can devote more hours to study, so some students are able to complete the course in an accelerated rate.
In this module, students gain a comprehension of the following:
- How to solve linear equations, including multistep and Absolute value equations, as well as proportions.
- To solve linear inequalities, compound inequalities, and absolute value inequalities.
- How to graph linear functions, as well as how transformations and shifts affect graphs.
- To write linear functions in: slope intercept, point slope, and standard forms, as well as how to derive lines of best fit from scatter plots.
- How to solve systems of linear equations using the three methods: graphing, substitution, and the elimination method.
- To solve exponential and radical functions, and to graph growth and decay functions, along with simplifying radicals and zero and negative exponents.
- How to find the nth term and the sum of n terms for arithmetic, geometric, and infinte geometric sequences.
This course covers the following topics:
- Simple ( One Step ) Equations
- Multi-Step Equations
- Equations with Variables on Both Sides
- Solving Ratios & Proportions
- Absolute Value Equations
- Solving Literal Equations
- Writing Inequalities
- Graphing Inequalities ( on a number line )
- Solving Simple Inequalities
- Solving Multi-Step Inequalities
- Solving Compound Inequalities
- Absolute Value Inequalities
- Linear Functions
- Function Notation
- Graphing Linear Equations
- Transformations and Shifts in Linear Graphs
- Graphing Absolute Value Functions
- Slopes and Graphs
- Writing Linear Equations- Slope-Intercept Form
- Writing Linear Equations – Point-Slope Form
- Writing Linear Equations – Standard Form
- Scatter Plots and Lines of Best Fit
- Solving Systems of Equations- Graphing Method
- Solving Systems of Equations- The Substitution Method
- Solving Systems of Equations- The Elimination (aka Addition) Method
- Special Systems of Linear Equations
- Graphing Linear Inequalities (2 Variables)
- Systems of Linear Inequalities
- Zero and Negative Exponents
- Exponential Functions
- Exponential Growth vs. Decay
- Solving Exponential Equations
- Simplifying Radicals
- Arithmetic Sequences
- Geometric Sequences
- Infinite Geometric Series
- 5 Credits – $95
- First semester Integrated Math 1
- California Approval A-G: Yes