SPANISH 1, PART 1
Price: $95 | Credits: 5 | Dept: Languages
This course is the first part of a two semester course and includes the topics of common expressions of greeting, introductions, nouns and articles, the Spanish alphabet, numbers, vocabulary associated with school, friends, family, and names for people, as well as present tense conjugations.
Upon completion of this course, the student is awarded 5 credits. Each credit corresponds to 15 hours of study. Of course, some students work more quickly than others, and some can devote more hours to study, so some students are able to complete the course in an accelerated rate.
In this module, students gain a comprehension of the following:
- Greetings and leave takings, indentifying yourself and others, expressions of courtesy, as well as nouns and articles.
- The basics of the alphabet and numbers, inlcuding vowel and consonant pronunciation, numbers from 0-30, and numbers from 40-100.
- The vocabulary associated with school activities, including present tense conjugation for both AR and IR/ER verbs.
- Vocabulary having to do with people, adjective agreement, and Ser & Estar conjugation.
- The vocabulary having to do with family and friends, tener, venir, hay, as well as possessive adjectives.
This course covers the following topics:
- El alfabeto y los números
- La escuela
- Las personas
- La familia y los amigos
- 5 Credits – $95
- First semester of Spanish 1
- California Approval A-G: Yes